Aaron and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary in Vancouver, BC. We enjoyed 3 nights at a hostel in Vancouver, exploring the city by water taxi and bike. We then rented a car and drove to Whistler, BC for two nights, staying in a hostel again. We rented bikes and rode the valley trails, which were plenty rugged for us Michiganders.
We love our kids, but it is so nice to get away together.
Top 10 experiences/places of the trip were, in no particular order:
- Biking the valley trails in Whistler, BC
- Riding the water taxi.
- Biking around Stanley Park
- Running to, swimming in, and running back to the hostel from the outdoor salt water Kitsilano Beach pool (husband only)
- Finding the abandoned train along a trail in Whistler (husband only)
- Enjoying the fresh cheese bagels at Grandville Island Market.
- Seeing the musical rendition of Merry Wives of Windsor at Bard on the Beach
- Enjoying the “Picasso: the Artist and his Muses” at the Vancouver Art Gallery.
- Riding bikes around the city of Vancouver.
- Self guided biking brewery tour.